Off-the-Beaten-Track Highlights of Costa Rica and Nicaragua in One Package!
- DAY BY DAY
‘Eco-Extravaganza Collection’ is perfect for:
Couples, families, or groups who want to see the natural wonders of Costa Rica and Nicaragua
Make the most of your time and visit two countries whose natural wonders you can enjoy at various secluded destinations with a customizable eco-friendly package.
Nicaraguan Lakes & Volcano
Experience the unaltered nature of Nicaragua and Costa Rica while getting spoiled with the incredible service and amenities our luxury eco lodges offer!
Stay on a private island right next to Granada—the oldest colonial city built in the Americas. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Mombacho volcano, great dining (meals are included!), and the privacy of your own ‘casita’ home.
Costa Rican Jungle & Countryside
A short airplane ride away are the mountains of the Cordillera Central that form the Central Valley of Costa Rica. Spend a day in an authentic boutique hotel with an on-site coffee farm. Stunning sunsets and sunrises above the valley are there just for you to enjoy!
Finally, head out to Lapa Rios—luxury in the heart of the jungle with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and the underlying rainforest. Your thatched-roof, open-air bungalow is a nature lover’s paradise. Enjoy the sights and the sounds of the rainforest, undisturbed by civilization.
What’s included in ‘‘Eco-Extravaganza Collection’?
Lodging & Meals:
- 4 nights at Jicaro Island Ecolodge, in Nicaragua—including three daily meals
- 1 night at Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn—including breakfast
- 3 nights at Lapa Rios Eco Resort—including three daily meals
- Private round transfer from the Managua International Airport to Jicaro Island and back (app. 1.5 hours each way)
- Private round transfer from the San Jose International Airport to the Finca Rosa Blanca and back (app. 30 min each way)
- Domestic flight from the San Jose International Airport to the Puerto Jimenez airstrip (app. 40 min)
- Round transfer from Puerto Jimenez airstrip to Lapa Rios and back (app. 30 min each way)
- Domestic flight from the Puerto Jimenez airstrip to the San Jose International Airport (app. 40 min)
All private transfers include an English-speaking driver.
Tours and Activities:
- Daily yoga classes at Jicaro Island
- Selection of on-site guided tours at Lapa Rios (birdwatching, hiking, waterfall expedition, and more)
Costa Rica Vacations luxury itineraries include:
- Rescheduling Coverage*
- Dedicated 24/7 in-country concierge line
- VIP Airport Meet & Greet Service, we meet you as you get off the plane
- 0% Interest Payment Plans
- Changes up to two weeks before arrival, no change fee*
* Restrictions may apply.
You will receive a 100% accurate price when you inquire with us and share your travel dates. Final package pricing includes taxes, domestic transport, tours and lodging as described unless otherwise indicated. The package does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.
DAY BY DAY
Day 1: Welcome to Nicaragua!
Our representative will greet you as you get off the plane and show you to your private transfer. An hour later, you’ll be sitting on the front deck of your hardwood ‘casita’ in the upscale nature resort—Jicaro Island Ecolodge. Soak in the tropical nature, views of Mombacho volcano and Lake Granada.
Stay at Jicaro Island Ecolodge
Days 2,3 & 4: Enjoy the Ecolodge
Perhaps a relaxing massage in Jicaro’s open-air concept spa or one of the daily yoga classes? You can also indulge in excellent food at the on-site restaurant (all your meals are included!) and lounge in the privacy of your bungalow.
Stay at Jicaro Island Ecolodge
Day 5: From Nicaragua to Costa Rica
Take a private transfer back to Managua where you’ll catch a short flight to Costa Rica’s capital, San José. Our representative will help you through customs and you’ll be in the peaceful mountain retreat of Finca Rosa Blanca just 30 minutes later.
This authentic boutique hotel is set on 7.5 acres with 30 acres of hard bean coffee fields with breathtaking views of the Valley. Enjoy a complimentary coffee tour. Lounging by the cliff-side swimming pool. Experience the authentic Costa Rican cuisine at El Tigre Vestido restaurant.
Stay at Finca Rosa Blanca
Day 6: On to Osa Peninsula
After a great night rest in the rustic yet luxurious room, your private transfer will take you back to the airport to catch a short flight to remote Osa Peninsula where you’ll be staying at Lapa Rios. This private nature reserve is located on the outskirts of Corcovado National Park and was voted as the Top Eco Stay in 2014 by Lonely Planet.
Stay at Lapa Rios
Day 7 & 8: Enjoy the Jungle
Nature is the king here, your stay will be an unfiltered experience of the tropical jungle. Explore the on-site trails and take in the gorgeous views from the private deck of your thatched-roof bungalow. Check out some of the many on-site guided tours. A meal plan is, once again, included.
Stay at Lapa Rios
Day 9: Head Home
Take the private transfer back to the Puerto Jimenez airstrip and get on a short flight to San José, where you will catch your flight back home.