Costa Rica’s Diving Highlights
From the North to the South of Costa Rica, Dive the Best.
- DAY BY DAY
‘Costa Rica’s Diving Highlights’ is perfect for:
Solo travelers who want to explore Costa Rica’s most iconic underwater treasures.
Visit the best diving spots in Costa Rica and travel the entire length of the Pacific Coast!
Diving in Guanacaste
Begin your vacation with an all-inclusive stay at the beachfront Margarita Beach Resort, on Flamingo Beach The resort is completely beachfront and very comfortable, so when you are not under the water you can be relaxing beside it.
From here you can take any number of diving tours to the off-shore islands and see rays, schooling fish, and sharks. The diving tour included in this package takes you out into the waters of Guanacaste to spot as many creatures as you can.
Hidden Gems in the Osa Peninsula
From the idyll of Flamingo you will then travel south to the majestic Osa Peninsula where you will stay at the lovely Aguila de Osa.
While you’re in Osa you will get to visit the astonishing Caño Island, one of the greatest diving spots in the world! See whales, dolphins, and other sea creatures in this unforgettable trip.
Finally, return to San José and enjoy a stay at the Xandari resort which puts the emphasis firmly on health and relaxation, the perfect way to end a perfect Costa Rica vacation.
If this customizable experience feels like the vacation for you, contact us and we’ll gladly help you!
What’s included in ‘Costa Rica’s Diving Highlights’?
Lodging & Meals:
- 3 nights at Margaritaville Beach Resort—including three daily meals and selected drinks.
- 4 nights at Aguila de Osa Inn—including three daily meals.
- 1 night at Xandari Resort & Spa—including breakfast.
- Private ground transfer from the Liberia International Airport to Margaritaville Resort (app. 1 hour)
- Private ground transfer from Margaritaville Resort to the Liberia International Airport (app. 1 hour)
- Domestic flight from Guanacaste to the San Jose International Airport (app. 35 min)
- Domestic flight from the San Jose International Airport to the Drake Bay airstrip (app. 35 min)
- Ground transfer from the Drake Bay airstrip to Aguila de Osa Inn (app. 25 min)
- Ground transfer from Aguila de Osa Inn to the Drake Bay airstrip (app. 25 min)
- Domestic flight from the Drake Bay airstrip to the San Jose International Airport (app. 35 min)
- Private ground transfer from the San Jose International Airport to Xandari Resort & Spa (app. 30 min)
- Private ground transfer from Xandari Resort & Spa to the San Jose International Airport (app. 30 min)
All private transfers include an English-speaking driver.
Tours and Activities:
Round transportation for all tours is included.
- Two-tank Scuba Dive tour for two at Flamingo Beach
- Two-day guided diving tour to Caño Island Biological Reserve at Drake Bay
- Unlimited use of kayaks at Aguila de Osa
You will receive a 100% accurate price when you inquire with us and share your travel dates. Final package pricing includes taxes, domestic transport, tours and lodging as described unless otherwise indicated. The package does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.
DAY BY DAY
Day 1: Welcome to Costa Rica!
Fly into Liberia where one of our representatives will meet you and show you to a private transfer. From there, travel to Flamingo where you will stay at Margaritaville Beach Resort.
Stay at Margaritaville Beach Resort
Days 2 & 3: Enjoy the Beach
Use these days to go on a diving tour, as well as relax by the beach in front of the hotel. See some breathtaking sunsets right from the poolside bar and enjoy a fantastic dinner on the terrace restaurant of the hotel.
Stay at Margaritaville Beach Resort
Day 4: From Guanacaste to Osa Peninsula
Take a transfer to the Liberia airstrip where you will catch a flight to the Osa Peninsula. There you will stay at the eco-friendly Aguila de Osa.
Stay at Aguila de Osa
Days 5, 6 & 7: Explore the Wildnerness at Aguila de Osa
This boutique property sits on a stunning location above the Osa Peninsula from which you will see breathtaking sunsets as well as exotic animals (monkeys and macaws are regular visitors!). All of your meals are included (dinners are particularly fantastic), and you can take part in activities like kayaking, hiking, or visits to the beach.
On two of these days you will also visit the magnificent Caño Island, perhaps the best diving spot in the country. See whales, dolphins, and a myriad of fish!
Stay at Aguila de Osa
Day 8: Back to the Central Valley
Fly back to the Central Valley and stay at the luxurious Xandari Resort & Spa for one last night in Costa Rica.
Stay at Xandari Resort & Spa
Day 9: Head Home
A private transfer will take you to the airport where you will catch your flight back home.
Costa Rica’s Diving Highlights includes staying at:
This comfortable resort is great for those seeking the convenience of being oceanfront and having access to an array of activities.« View Hotel »
Perfect for couples looking for a relaxing jungle retreat with limitless access to the surrounding rainforest, ocean, and wildlife, while socializing with other guests in a communal atmosphere.« View Hotel »
Xandari Resort and Spa offers ideal mix of luxury and convenience, at just 20 min away from San Jose's International Airport.« View Hotel »
Swanky Costa Rica
A luxury vacation that showcases the best of Costa Rica: adventure near Arenal Volcano, zip lining, a beachfront all-inclusive experience, and a...Read more
Volcano, Beach & Golf Retreat
Costa Rica is not just a great destination for golfers, but the whole family. Explore the jungle near Arenal Volcano & hit the beach to rest and...Read more
Long Weekend Golf Break
A beach hotel with an on-site golf course is the best way to escape the business of everyday life. Ocean views, dry rainforest, and world-class...Read more