Rustic Boutique Hotel, Authentic Hidden Gem of the Central Valley!
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Save now on Villa Blanca, and redeem when you’re ready!
1. Purchase a travel voucher in the amount you choose, and receive 50% extra credit. Spend $1000, and get a $1500 voucher!
2. When you’re ready, contact us to finalize your vacation. Your credit will be applied towards the cost of your trip.
3. Plan anytime between now and December 16th, 2023.
Questions? We’re here to help! Call 1-855-869-7390 to speak with a local travel expert.
Offer only valid until September 30th, 2020
Just one hour from the San José International Airport in Costa Rica’s Central Valley, Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel is a boutique certified ‘green’ hotel, great for nature lovers, birdwatchers, couples, and families looking for a unique experience in one of the most delicate ecosystems, the tropical cloud forest.
The hotel, originally the mountain home of former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio, offers 35 guest rooms set along 75 acres of rolling dairy pastures and adjacent to the 2,000 acre Los Angeles Private Cloud Forest Biological Reserve. The architecture and renovated rustic decor reflects the original hacienda lifestyle. Rooms all come with full amenities, including minibar and a fireplace for the cool evenings in the clouds. Complimentary WiFi is available in public areas, and casitas with satellite TV are offered in the Hacienda.
Dining at El Sendero Restaurant is a delightful experience where guests can enjoy a variety of traditional regional dishes. El Sendero serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, all a la carte to ensure freshness. Meals are thoughtfully prepared with nutritional sensibility and organic ingredients that complement their exquisite flavors. Villa Blanca’s bakery, El Café del Bosque, emits the enticing scent of fresh breads and pastries throughout the day. The charming Aquí No Más Bar is located just next to the El Sendero Restaurant. They offer a variety of cocktails, beer, and wine. A full breakfast is included daily, including freshly made yogurts, cheeses, and granola.
Enjoy the moderate hiking trails through El Silencio de los Angeles Cloud Reserve. Take advantage of the hotel’s Wellness and Yoga Center (appointment required). Visit the ultra-romantic wedding chapel (a 50th anniversary wedding gift from the former president to his wife Estrella). There is even a functional farm on site that is great fun for the kids!
Villa Blanca is a Level 5-certified sustainable hotel by the Costa Rican Tourism Board. Initiatives include recycling, biodegradable cleaning products, energy usage management, and organic gardening. Additionally, its commitment to the community is evidenced in its predominately local staff who together volunteer to support many community programs, a reflection of the warm and engaging personalities whose spirit provides the distinctive, friendly service that is a signature feature of the Villa Blanca guest experience.
- Take in the relaxing sights and sounds of Los Angeles Cloud Forest Private Biological Reserve.
- Visit the organic greenhouses or take a stroll through orchid and bromelia exhibits.
- The Vida en Balance (Life in Balance) wellness and yoga therapy center includes whirlpool, dry sauna, gym, and yoga.
- Relax while watching daily presentations in the THX Movie Theater.
- Have a true Costa Rican farm experience—visit the Milking Parlor at the dairy farm (where cows get milked daily at 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.).
*Prices reflect the least expensive rates during low season and are subject to change at any time. You will receive a 100% accurate price when you inquire with us and share your travel dates. Final package pricing includes taxes, domestic transport, tours and lodging as described unless otherwise indicated. The package does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.
- Breakfast Included
- Fitness Facility
- On-Site Tours
- Wireless Internet