Lapa Rios Eco Resort
Romantic Eco Luxury, Great Service, & Spectacular Wildlife!
- MAP IT
- INQUIRE NOW
Until December 2017, stay 4 nights, and only pay for 3! See details below.*
Located in the remote Osa Peninsula, Lapa Rios Ecolodge is a true gem among Costa Rica’s eco resorts, a boutique, eco-sanctuary nestled in the wildest part of the country. Set along 1,000 acres of private reserve in Central America’s largest remaining Pacific lowland tropical rainforest, Lapa Rios is perfect for families, couples, nature lovers, and anyone looking for an enriching and unfiltered stay in the jungle!
Guests will be picked up at Puerto Jimenez airstrip (just 50-minute flight from San Jose) and taken to the lodge for check-in.
Lapa Rios consists of 16 open-sided, thatched-roof bungalows, each with netted bed(s), ceiling fan, safe, indoor and outdoor showers, and private deck with lounge chairs and hammock. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate can be delivered (by request) to your bungalow each morning, as early as 5 am.
Dining at Brisa Azul Restaurant is fabulous, and their detail-oriented staff will ensure a pleasurable dining experience each time. Guests have a full meal plan of breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus. Menus are extensive and offer an array of local favorites and international dishes. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are plentiful! In case you still have room for a snack (the portions are really generous!), there’s banana bread and coffee for early risers, and chips and dips laid out on the main deck throughout the day. They also offer a fully-stocked bar for afternoon/evening cocktails. Food and beverage service is available by the pool as well.
Explore the jungle trails to various natural surrounding beaches. Some hikes are long, so bring water and repellent. The two beaches in front of Lapa Rios are safe for swimming, and there are surfing lessons available, too.
The hotel is committed to environmental protection, having become certified through the Costa Rican Tourism Board with a Level 5 (highest available) CST (Certificate of Sustainable Tourism).
Regular Package Includes:
- A selection of on-site guided tours. Depending on the length of your stay, you can enjoy nine different tour options, including the night walk tour, early birdwatching tour, two different hike trails, sunset tour, etc.
- Three full a la carte meals a day, accompanied by non-alcoholic/non-mixed beverages.
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, and snacks are available at the restaurant throughout the day.
- Round-trip transportation to Puerto Jimenez airstrip.
- Wildlife greets you at your door with the enchanting cry of exotic birds like the famous scarlet macaw or the graceful canopy leap of the squirrel monkey.
- This eco-friendly resort was the first of its kind in the region and continues to offer first-class luxury service amid an ever-changing remote landscape.
- Each bungalow features a private deck and patio garden, complete with an outdoor shower, ocean views, and beds draped in mosquito netting to create a private, romantic setting.
- Miles of private, uncrowded trails in the prime rainforest with cool rivers that run wild through waterfalls, pools, and unspoiled sandy beaches await.
- Contribute to the Lapa Rios reforestation program by transplanting a primary rainforest seedling to an area of secondary growth.
- Rappel a waterfall, swim with dolphins, or learn to surf – Lapa Rios has an endless list of activities to suit all.
Special: Stay 4 nights, and only pay for 3! Valid for travel on specific dates until December 19, 2017. Inquire for details!
*Prices reflect our best approximation of low and high season rates and are subject to change at any time. You will receive a 100% accurate price when you inquire with us. The rates listed here, are per person, double occupancy accommodation and include taxes, domestic transport, tours and hotels as described, unless otherwise indicated. Price does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.
Prices stated in GBP, EUR or CAD are calculated by exchange rate on xe.com and should be used as guidelines only; final price might vary at the time of booking. Discounts, special offers and others are expressed in US dollars unless indicated otherwise.
- Breakfast Included
- Can accommodate dietary restrictions
- Kids’ Activities
- On-Site Tours
- Swimming Pool