Careers at Costa Rican Vacations
Costa Rican Vacations is part of the Namu Travel Group. We are Central America’s largest online travel agency and have been in business since 1999. If you want to become part of a dynamic company with growth opportunities and a fun, relaxed environment, apply to become part of our team. We are passionate about serving customers and creating unforgettable experiences. We achieve this by hiring great people who view this career as more than just another Costa Rica job.
Current Job Openings:
Logistics and Reservations Representative
Responsible for developing, implementing and ensuring adherence to Logistics, Reservations & Operations Processes set forth by the Namu Travel Group. Manage and oversee the logistics and quality of the product throughout the process and develop plans to increase efficiency.
The position will monitor data within the Namu Travel Group Systems following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) within the Travel Experience Logistics & Reservations process. The representative is responsible of supporting the activities of the Travel Experience Department in day-to-day activities, duties and issues with customers and suppliers.
- Manage the Logistic Process when receiving a new sale to the delivery of the product
- Manage the Reservations process
- Ensure that the itinerary complies with Namu’s Policies and SOP’s accurate following
- Run and send reports to aid management in increasing Logistics KPI’s and daily workload
- KPIs: Work together with team co-workers to achieve the objectives, goals and KPIs
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the other departments, assist / back-up them when requested
- Establish plans to increase the quality of the product from beginning to end of the service lifecycle
- Assistance in departmental projects
- Issue Reporting
- Basic knowledge of Concierge/Client Services processes
- High School degree
- Technical Degree in Tourism, Client Services or English preferred (is a plus)
- Advanced written and spoken English (B2+)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient in issue management
- Team player
- Creative and proactive
- Basic knowledge of Logistics & Reservations processes: Logistic Check, Reservations
- Basic knowledge of Concierge processes: in-country support
Software QA Analyst
The Software QA Analyst will be responsible for adhering to established procedures for quality assurance, test, and analyze software components in order to ensure usability and applicability to the business environment and customer during software development life cycle including post-implementation/deployment phase.
- Perform assigned test to ensure code is functioning as defined
- Prepare test plans and test cases to ensure the product adheres to the system/application requirements
- Analyze testing output based upon predefined input. Document and communicate test results to team members
- Help with reviews of system/application requirements (functional specifications) for quality and completeness
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- English level B2
- Minimum three years of experience in software quality assurance testing including eCommerce and mobile technologies. Client/server and/or distributed testing skills, knowledge of protocols, database file structures and exposure to both online and batch systems.
- Functional and systems regression test experience.
- Knowledge of SQL Server/MySQL.
- Familiarity with project and bug tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla, Quality Center)
- Experience in software development and/or web development methodologies
- Experience in functional testing, non-functional testing and automated testing
- Experience in test case execution and creation using specs/use cases/business rules
Web/Graphic Design Internship (paid)
Marketing Department | Full-time Temporary Internship
Want to get real-world work experience at Central America’s largest online travel company?
Come work at the Namu Travel Group where we specialize in personalized boutique vacations to Costa Rica, Panama, and Nicaragua.
- are an advanced student or recently graduated in Web or Graphic Design
- are looking for a challenge as you get work experience, and
- are a team player who is passionate about creating and editing graphic material for online platforms (websites, social media, email marketing, web advertising),
then we want YOU as our Web Design Intern!
Work in a fun, relaxed environment as you gain valuable work experience.
- Assist in the complete process of photo, image and graphic production for promotional, marketing and sales content. This includes creating from scratch or editing existing assets.
- Facilitate and help the company in select areas of marketing such as website content, social media, outbound (email) marketing and online advertising.
- Any other task that is requested of the employee that is related to his or her role should be performed.
To join the NAMU family, send your CV and a short explanation of why you want to work with us to email@example.com.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Here at Namu Travel, we don’t just plan vacations– we create unique, seamless, travel experiences that leave a lasting impression on even the most seasoned traveler. An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit is what brought us from a two-person startup in 1999, to being currently the largest local agency in Central America.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We believe that a country is best experienced with the help of a local friend to advise, plan and enhance our guests’ time in the country. Our Travel Consultants engage our customers through warm consultative techniques to find out what matters most to them while on vacation. We seek candidates who possess wanderlust, enjoy consultative sales, and strive for personal and professional greatness.
Our team of Travel Consultants travels every corner of this beautiful country to ensure we have the most accurate information about every tour and hotel we offer our clients. We provide qualified leads that we attract via our promotional efforts. As a consultant, it is your job to identify the client’s needs and use your first-hand knowledge to design a unique package that exceeds their expectations.
By leveraging mobile technology it’s possible to be available ’round the clock to ensure our clients are met with excellent travel advice and assistance in planning their much-deserved tropical getaway. Your career at Namu begins with a 90-day intensive training period. We want your full attention and enthusiasm during training, so you will receive a monthly stipend to make sure your basic needs are met. Most trainees begin selling before the training period ends.
After the 90-day training period, the stipend is removed and your compensation is 100% commission based. But Fear Not– Serious Work Comes with Serious Reward! Average consultants earn commissions and bonuses equating to $36,000 annually. Top producing consultants earn $45,000 or more.
- Frequent travel to luxury hotels throughout Costa Rica
- After completing the first year of your contract you are eligible to work 100% from anywhere in the world* with a flexible schedule (high speed internet required)
- Challenging Career Opportunities: all our Sales Management Team (and 2 owners!) started in Sales
- A work climate characterized by respect for the individual and celebration of differences
- An empowering and engaging work environment surrounded by the best Travel Professionals in the business.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates must:
- Have phenomenal communication skills. Native English is a requirement.
- Reside full-time in Costa Rica.
- Be in San José for 90 days. The 90-day expert training is held in our San José offices.
- Be hungry for knowledge. Attend trips to hotels countrywide to ensure the most current product knowledge
- The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a creative problem-solver who loves challenge
- Is highly disciplined and self-motivated
- Thrives in a goal-based atmosphere
- Is insightful and Innovative
- Is honest, trustworthy and professional
- Seeks financial freedom
- Exudes confidence
- Is a lifelong learner who seeks personal and professional development
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school degree
- Proficient in basic computer skills (typing, MS office, Internet browsing)
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in consultative sales, solution-sales or customer service
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- University degree
Here at Namu Travel, we don’t just plan vacations—we create unique, seamless, travel experiences that leave a lasting impression on even the most seasoned traveler. An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit is what brought us from a two-person startup in 1999, to being currently the largest local agency in Central America.
If you are interested in a position with our sales team please submit your resume with a professional cover letter. Remember, this is a sales position and you are encouraged to “sell” your talents as they pertain to the job description.
The cover letter is MANDATORY and should answer these three questions:
- What motivates you to be part of our team?
- What three skills or traits do you feel will most contribute to your success as a Travel Consultant?
- What is your favorite “travel experience” in Costa Rica? Why?
For details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Namu Team’s Testimonials:
“The environment is enjoyable; you get the opportunity to visit places that otherwise you wouldn’t even dream of. If you consistently perform, you are rewarded. You have the opportunity make people’s travel dreams come true.”
“The positive attitude of my co-workers inspires me to come to the office every day.”
“The office is nice, fresh, with amenities for employees and it also offers a small and comfortable environment where everyone can contribute. Having the opportunity to know beautiful places in Costa Rica is definitely a plus”