The beach town of Tamarindo is known for being a world famous surfers’ destination, with waves that are perfect for both beginners and experts. The expansive beach offers great sights of the ocean and rocky formations, as well as warm waters to swim or snorkel. Beyond this, Tamarindo is also a blooming tourist town, with local artists and designers opening exclusive boutiques and shops on the main street, which also houses gourmet restaurants and tourist information kiosks.
The two main surfer breaks in Tamarindo are Pico Pequeño and El Estero, both located near natural attractions like rivers and mountainous terrain. Because the currents and tides in Tamarindo can get a bit strong, it is advisable that you consult with one of the local experts before trying to face the waves on your own. But fear not, Tamarindo is proud home to the most surfing schools in the country, there is no way you will come here and leave without mastering the ocean.
- Several surf schools offer one on one or group lessons, as well as equipment for rent or sale.
- Because of its proximity to jungles and forests, Tamarindo is known for its various health shops and restaurants.
- Tamarindo can be the perfect headquarter for heading out to other Guanacaste beaches like Conchal and Flamingo.
- An exciting cultural shift is turning the town into an up and coming arts center.
- If you’re looking to move to the beach, Tamarindo houses several real estate projects at very affordable prices.