The Peninsula of Papagayo is located in the Costa Rican Pacific, right in the province of Guanacaste. Within its seemingly compact 15 miles of coastline lie more than 30 different beaches, all enhanced by the fact that most of Papagayo remains unspoiled by civilization.
The area is home to over 400 different animal species which has turned this remote locale into a popular destination for nature lovers.
Papagayo has also received worldwide attention for attracting international celebrities who are enamored by the area’s privacy. The region also homes the exclusive Four Seasons Resort which is constantly mentioned in “best of” lists. Activities in Papagayo include, but are certainly not limited to, kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving and golfing, which seems to be turning into the sport of choice in the area.
- The Papagayo Marina is a project which aims to turn the exclusive destination into a tropical version of an Italian port.
- Peninsula Papagayo contains an Arnold Palmer designed golf course currently ranked as the third best in the continent.
- A government law specifies that at least 70% of Papagayo must remain unspoiled by real estate and tourist developers.
- Because of its bio-diversity Papagayo is a perfect spot for fishing.
- Papagayo also offers special treatment for people interested in buying land in the region.