Located in the province of Puntarenas, Manuel Antonio is a unique destination that combines warm water beaches with vibrant green jungles. A few minutes away from the town of Quepos, Manuel Antonio has become one of the most popular destinations in the country. Home to the eponymous national park (ranked by Forbes as one of the world’s best) this area attracts tourists from all over the world who come looking for perfect waves, abundant forests and hidden beaches.
In spite of its size, Manuel Antonio offers countless opportunities for recreation, including guided tours of the park (which also happens to be home to one of the most beautiful beaches in the country), trips to nearby destinations ideal for snorkeling and surfing lessons on the main beach. Manuel Antonio is also popular for its boutique hotels, which range from the petite to the extremely luxurious.
- Playita (literally translated as small beach) is a private beach surrounded by beautiful rocky formations.
- Manuel Antonio is popular for its world class spas where you can rejuvenate yourself with beauty treatments as the sounds of the jungle soothe you.
- White-headed capuchin monkeys are Manuel Antonio’s friendliest inhabitants. There’s no way you will go back home without having seen a few of these.
- Manuel Antonio is also perfect for avid fishermen who will be astounded by the size of their catches.
- Besides monkeys, this area is also home to adorable sloths who are always taking naps on treetops.