Millions of tiny seashell pieces comprise the white sands of Playa Conchal making it one of Costa Rica’s most stunning beaches. Located in the province of Guanacaste, in the northwest Pacific, Conchal is known not only for its particular kind of sand but also for having warm waters that make it the ideal location for swimming, snorkeling and other activities. Its proximity to other popular destinations like Playa Tamarindo and Playa Flamingo make it the quintessential Costa Rican beach.
One of Conchal’s highlights is the Westin Playa Conchal, a luxurious resort literally steps away from the beach. Conveniently located near national parks and reserves, Conchal offers the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds; nature lovers will find its bio-diversity and warm waters absolutely flawless, while those seeking luxurious relaxation will be seduced by the golden sun and the Westin’s superior service.
- The Reserva Conchal complex features one of the country’s most stunning golf courses.
- Like in most of Guanacaste, weather in Playa Conchal remains perfect from November to April every year.
- Because of its clear waters, Conchal is the perfect spot to go scuba diving or snorkeling.
- The nearby town of Brasilito has popular tourist spots that offer everything from local artwork to widely regarded fish tacos.
- Playa Conchal is less than an hour away from the Liberia International Airport.