Grano de Oro
Victorian-style Boutique Hotel with Exceptional Service & Great Dining.
In the heart of San José, the famous Grano de Oro Hotel is a surprising oasis in the concrete jungle of the city. Grano de Oro is a beautiful option for families, couples and anyone looking for boutique-style services and luxury accommodations in downtown San José.
The hotel offers 32 bright and airy guest rooms each with furnishings that echo the tropical-Victorian characteristics of the original historic mansion. Wrought-iron, deep hard woods and rich fabrics adorn the various rooms. All rooms are equipped with A/C, cable TV, mini-fridge, safe, hairdryer and coffee-maker. The hotel also includes complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property. While Grano de Oro doesn’t feature swimming pool, guests can enjoy 2 jacuzzis on the rooftop garden terrace. The hotel partners with a massage service, Aromas Tropicales, and treatments can be arranged at the reception.
Grano de Oro Restaurant is fabulous and we recommend enjoying at least one meal there during your stay. The gorgeous indoor/outdoor dining area offers ample seating or guests can pull up a stool at the indoor/outdoor fully-stocked bar. The menu offers a variety of Costa Rican fusion dishes with European influences from their French chef. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Special diets can be accommodated with notice.
Service here is paramount, as one can note from the perpetually smiling staff who welcome guests. All rooms are designated as smoke-free, with smoking permitted in the restaurant, gardens and common areas. The hotel’s piece de resistance is the Vista de Oro Suite—reached by private staircase, the suite lives up to its name commanding a breathtaking view of the Cordillera Central mountain range and the Central Valley skyline.
- The rooftop garden offers a Jacuzzi and sunbathing patio with gorgeous city views.
- The Grano de Oro restaurant is also one of the finest in the city, serving continental cuisine in an intimate, partially open-air atmosphere.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable hotel works with reforestation projects and local farmers.
- At the hotel reception desk activities and day tours to Costa Rica’s beauty spots are readily arranged.
- A few of the more popular excursions include the following: San Jose City Tour, Café Britt Coffee Tour, Jade Museum, Pueblo Antiguo, Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, and Butterfly Farm.
*Conditions apply. Valid for travel through August 22. Dates don’t have to be consecutive. Inquire for more details!
*Prices reflect our best approximation of low and high season rates and are subject to change at any time. You will receive a 100% accurate price when you inquire with us. The rates listed here, are per person, double occupancy accommodation and include taxes, domestic transport, tours and hotels as described, unless otherwise indicated. Price does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.
- Cable TV
- Wireless Internet
Get Your Free Quote Today
Please complete this form and one of our experts will contact you within 24hrs!
- Free Vacation Planning
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Interest Free Payment Plans
- Over 21,000 Thrilled Guests