Sustainable Jungle-Style Beachfront Hotel, Just Outside Tamarindo Beach.
Capitan Suizo is perfect for:
Nature Lovers, Honeymoons
Capitan Suizo is a charming beachfront hotel at the end of the bay of Tamarindo Beach, amid lush tropical gardens. Beautifully integrated into the natural habitat, the hotel is perfect for anyone looking for a beachfront location with a jungle feel, while still being close enough for forays into a bustling beach town.
All 35 rooms are spacious, furnished with local materials and decorated by regional craftsmen with antique photos of Costa Rica. All come equipped with a fridge, tea and coffee, phone, safety deposit box, WiFi, bathroom, private terrace/balcony, and living area, and overlook the tropical gardens, facing towards the ocean.
The free-form swimming pool is surrounded by trees, providing shade than many other hotel pools don’t offer. The pool itself is just steps from the ocean, allowing ease of access for your choice of relaxation. Boogie boards are complimentary, and you can rent kayaks, surf boards, and snorkels. You can also indulge in the spa, which offers an open-air, natural experience. Or opt for a massage on the beach!
The hotel’s restaurant is open-air and serves a large selection of a la carte dishes using fresh and local produce. A breakfast buffet is included in your stay. For those with dietary restrictions, they are happy to modify dishes as needed. Make sure to ask about special activities, like the live marimba music!
Jungle Feel, But Close to Town
A stroll through the Capitán Suizo grounds feels like a walk through an isolated jungle resort. Try to spot resident monkeys, iguanas, raccoons, squirrels, and colorful birds, and admire the palms and native trees growing tropical fruit. Ask to try the pitanga!
And yet less then a mile away is the bustling beach town of Tamarindo, with many restaurants, bars, and shopping. A stay at Capitán Suizo will fulfill your vision of a lush, green Costa Rican hideaway, while still allowing the opportunity to check out local nightlife. That combination is very hard to find!
Highlights of Capitán Suizo
- International cuisine highlights the diverse menu. The chef has a flair for variety and is often creating new temptations such as Tilapia Calabrese, Beef Stroganoff, and dreamy desserts.
- With no televisions in the rooms, you will truly have the chance to disconnect from the daily grind – and to reconnect with your traveling companions.
- Activities offered in the hotel include a fitness corner, board games, a ping pong table, volleyball net, boogie boards, and the rental of surfboards, kayaks, and mountain bikes.
- The property consists of thatched roof bungalows and spacious rooms, each with a private tropical garden and patio or balcony.
- Playa Tamarindo is situated adjacent to “Las Baulas Marine National Park”, which is one of the most important nesting places on the planet for the giant Leatherback turtles. These turtles are the biggest kind of sea turtle in the world.
- The hotel is committed to environmental protection, having become certified through the Costa Rican Tourism Board with a Level 5 (highest available) CST (Certificate for Sustainable Tourism). This commitment is visible throughout the property, from the recycling bins to natural gardens, which haven’t been touched by chemicals in 15 years.
What to expect:
- Remote, jungle feel
- Close proximity to local flora and fauna
- Design with a focus on natural elements, including wood accents and blue/turquoise tones
- Access to local restaurants or shops
What NOT to expect:
- Televisions in the rooms
- Perfectly manicured lawns (they use natural pest control)
*Prices reflect our best approximation of low and high season rates and are subject to change at any time. You will receive a 100% accurate price when you inquire with us. The rates listed here, are per person, double occupancy accommodation and include taxes, domestic transport, tours and hotels as described, unless otherwise indicated. Price does NOT include international airfare or optional travel insurance or any other services not expressly mentioned.
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Access
- Breakfast Included
- Can accommodate dietary restrictions
- Swimming Pool
- Wireless Internet
Get Your Free Quote Today
Please complete this form and one of our experts will contact you within 24hrs!
- Free Vacation Planning
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Interest Free Payment Plans
- Over 21,000 Thrilled Guests