The Peninsula of Papagayo is located in the northwest corner of Costa Rica, not far from the Nicaraguan border. With it’s 15 miles of coastline you can find more than 30 different beaches, all stunning and made more exotic by the fact that most of Papagayo remains undeveloped. The area is home to over 400 different animal species which has turned this remote locale into a popular destination for nature lovers and with the new Marina Papagayo, sport fishermen as well.
Papagayo has also received worldwide attention for attracting international celebrities who are lured down by the area’s privacy and luxurious offerings – like the Four Seasons Resort. This has been rated one of the top three Four Seasons in the world and is home to an 18-hole, Arnold Palmer designed golf course. In addition to the world class sport fishing, the area is also a popular destination for divers and kite surfers.
- Located just 40 minutes from the LIR International Airport, this beautiful region of Costa Rica is also extremely easy to get to.
- The Papagayo Marina is the newest and perhaps most luxurious marina in Costa Rica
- The Papagayo Marina is now host to an annual World Billfish Series billfish tournament every green season.
- Peninsula Papagayo is home to an Arnold Palmer designed golf course currently ranked as the third best in the continent.
- A government law specifies that at least 70% of Papagayo must remain unspoiled by real estate and tourist developers.