The Costa Rica Vacations scholarship program recognizes and rewards innovation and ideas within the areas of tourism studies and sustainable tourism. Every year Costa Rican Vacations will award two scholarships of $1000 to the successful student who is interested in pursuing their studies and their career in tourism or sustainable development. Scholarships are not renewable; however, a recipient may reapply.
Costa Rican Vacations has, since its beginning, been involved in promoting tourism and sustainable tourism within Costa Rica.
- Scholarship Amount: $1000.00
- Deadline: Submissions must by received by February 15th
- Scholarship Award Date: April 15th
- Number of Scholarships Available: 2
- Minimum GPA: 2.8
- Eligible Fields of Study: Tourism, Sustainable Development or Sustainable Tourism
Students wishing to apply must submit a 600-700 word essay detailing the reasons they chose their specific field of study and what their career goals are in relation to this field. Our judging panel will select the winner they feel demonstrates the greatest desire and innovation. Submit your essay with a title page including the following information:
- Full Name
- Field of Study
- Year of School
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Save your essay file in PDF format and name it as follows: lastname-firstname-costa-rican-vacations-essay.pdf
Applicants must submit their essay, student ID number and proof of enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any additional questions call us at: 1-800-606-1860, ext. 1304.
The scholarship is open to students are enrolled in an undergraduate degree at a US based university, connected to the fields of tourism, sustainable development or sustainable tourism. Applicants must submit proof from their college/university that confirms their eligibility.
Rules & Guidelines
- All essays must be the applicants own work and not plagiarisms in anyway
- Applicants must be able to prove they are enrolled in a degree related to tourism, sustainable development or sustainable tourism at an US based university
- Applicants must provide their student identification number and the name and address of the institute they are registered at
“Our company is made up of a diverse and international team who endeavor to promote, improve and encourage tourism and sustainable travel.”
Casey Halloran, Costa Rican Vacations CEO