Careers at Costa Rican Vacations
Costa Rican Vacations is part of the Namu Travel Group. We are Central America’s largest online travel agency and have been in business since 1999. If you want to become part of a dynamic company with growth opportunities and a fun, relaxed environment, apply to become part of our team. We are passionate about serving customers and creating unforgettable experiences. We achieve this by hiring great people who view this career as more than just another Costa Rica job.
Current Job Openings:
Digital Marketing Manager (San José, Costa Rica)
Central America’s largest online travel agency is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager. The individual will be responsible for a critical part of our business: the quantity & quality of web-driven leads. They will manage a 6 person team of lead qualifiers, outbound marketers and content writers and oversee a $1MM annual ad budget. They will coordinate the activities of an external consulting team of web designers, SEO experts and Public Relations. The individual should be highly knowledgeable in the areas of Search Engine Optimization, Web Analytics and User Experience.
- Overseeing collaborative efforts on Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Managing Pay Per Click campaigns
- Monitor website usability and conversion
- Produce the required number of leads in order for sales to achieve their goals
- Oversee the development and growth of useful, unique digital content
- Track conversion rates and devise A/B tests to improve rates
- Plan and budgetary control of digital marketing spending
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data
- Stay current on new technologies and marketing trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience online marketing
- Proven results with SEO, PPC, Email marketing and social media
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role
- Experience of online e-commerce as well as transaction data and processes
- Advanced understanding of online marketing strategy and best practices
- Advanced (C1) English Level
- Strong project and people management skills
- Outstanding communication skills
If you meet the requirements for this position please submit your resume with a professional cover letter to email@example.com.
Web Designer (San José, Costa Rica)
The technical designer is responsible for aiding and assisting the content team, part of the Marketing department, by using a variety of creative and technical skills. The goal of which is to ensure visual content is a key contributor to the success of the business goals. This is achieved by using skills that cover graphic design and HTML/CSS. With these skills, we’ll drive traffic from our strategically placed content to the well designed and optimized Namu websites and aid in creating more visits, leads and improve website conversion.
- Assist in the complete process of content production for promotional, marketing and sales content. Via CSS responsive design, HTML5 coding, graphic design, website optimization, photo editing
- Design and coding of all email campaigns ensuring they fit with company design and style guides
- Assist in creating web content utilizing CSS graphic design, HTML, forms and lead pages to optimize site conversion
- Any other task that is requested of the employee that is related to his role should be honored
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 1 year in the field of either: Design CSS/HTML Website Design / Marketing
- Minimum of 1 year’ experience with CSS/HTML graphic design in website creation/design
- Intermediate B2 English level
- Intermediate knowledge of a recent Adobe Suite (2010 or later) Key Programs include: Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Desirable – Basic knowledge of WordPress platform, website photo management
- Team player
If you meet the requirements, are passionate about Costa Rica, have advanced English spoken and written skills, and if you are looking for a successful career, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Design & Sell Vacations For Costa Rica’s Largest Online Travel Agency
Why Work With Us?
Here at Namu Travel, we don’t just plan vacations—we create unique, seamless, travel experiences that leave a lasting impression on even the most seasoned traveler. An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit is what brought us from a two-person startup in 1999, to being currently the largest local agency in Central America.
We believe that a country is best experienced with the help of a local friend to advise, plan and enhance our guests’ time in the country. Our Travel Consultants engage our customers through warm consultative techniques to find out what matters most to them while on vacation. We seek candidates who have a passion for wanderlust, enjoy consultative sales, and strive for personal and professional greatness.
Our team of Travel Consultants travels every corner of this beautiful country to ensure we have the most accurate information about every tour and hotel we offer our clients. We provide qualified leads that we attract via our promotional efforts. As a consultant, it is your job to identify the client’s needs and use your first-hand knowledge to design a unique package that exceeds their expectations.
By leveraging mobile technology it’s possible to be available ‘round the clock to ensure our clients are met with excellent travel advice and assistance in planning their much-deserved tropical getaway.
Your career at Namu begins with a 90-day intensive training period. We want your full attention and enthusiasm during training, so you will receive a monthly stipend to make sure your basic needs are met. Most trainees begin selling before the training period ends.
After the 90 day training period, the stipend is removed and your compensation is 100% commission based. But Fear Not—Serious Work Comes with Serious Reward! Average consultants earn commissions and bonuses equating to $36,000 annually. Top producing consultants earn $45,000 or more.
- Frequent travel to luxury hotels throughout Costa Rica
- After completing the first year of your contract you are eligible to work 100% from anywhere in the world* with a flexible schedule (high speed internet required)
- Challenging Career Opportunities: all our Sales Management Team (and 2 owners!) started in Sales
- A work climate characterized by respect for the individual and celebration of differences
- An empowering and engaging work environment surrounded by the best Travel Professionals in the business
- Have phenomenal communication skills. Native English is a requirement
- Reside full-time in Costa Rica*
- Be in San José for 90 days. The 90-day expert training is held in our San José offices
- Be hungry for knowledge. Attend trips to hotels countrywide to ensure the most current product knowledge
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a creative problem-solver who loves a challenge
- Is highly disciplined and self-motivated
- Thrives in a goal-based atmosphere
- Is insightful and Innovative
- Is honest, trustworthy and professional
- Seeks Financial Freedom
- Exudes confidence
- Is a life-long learner who seeks personal and professioal development
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school degree
- Proficient in basic computer skills (typing, MS office, Internet browsing)
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in consultative sales, solution-sales or customer service
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- A university degree
If you are interested in a position with our sales team please submit your resume with a professional cover letter to email@example.com. Remember, this is a sales position and you are encouraged to ‘sell’ your talents as they pertain to the job description.
The cover letter is MANDATORY and should answer these three questions:
- What motivates you to be part of our team?
- What 3 skills or traits do you feel will most contribute to your success as a Travel Consultant?
- Why should we hire you?—Sell me.
Sales Staff Testimonials:
I could go on and on.. I think the most important thing to me is that my job allows me to travel around such an awesome country, and share my love for Costa Rica with other people. Another thing that I love are my co-workers.
I love having the opportunity to travel the country, stay in awesome hotels, do really fun excursions, try great food, work from home, set my own schedule, make great money, fun company events.
Flexibility, earning potential, and perks (travel, free hotel stays),and of course my co-workers. I also like the fact that as long as I do my job and do it well, managers let me work very independently. I feel proud to work for a quality company.
I like the satisfaction of coming up with the right itinerary for a client, communicating with them and getting the sale. I enjoy traveling, doing new things and doing quality control to make sure that we are offering the best hotels for the client.
I love the ability to control my income by making sales and working from home. I love working with the clients and hearing how the loved their vacation. Also of being able to help people get to CR and feel comfortable about what they are doing. Educating people on the amazing places in this country.
*Travel consultants must work in Costa Rica for the first year of employment after which they may be eligible to work from outside the country depending on performance.