Careers at Costa Rican Vacations
Costa Rican Vacations is part of the Namu Travel Group. We are Central America’s largest online travel agency and have been in business since 1999. If you want to become part of a dynamic company with growth opportunities and a fun, relaxed environment, apply to become part of our team. We are passionate about serving customers and creating unforgettable experiences. We achieve this by hiring great people who view this career as more than just another Costa Rica job.
Current Job Openings:
PHP Back-End Web Developer
The Web Developer is responsible for developing and implementing all Linux based, client-facing systems. The position is in charge of our network of client-facing web properties. These websites receive over 100,000 monthly visitors and are our primary source of new business. The challenge of the Web Developer is use these technical assets to produce a high quantity of qualified leads for our sales team. The position is involved in high level technical decisions and reports directly to the Web Developer Lead.
- Project Management — plan, organize and execute complex technical projects
- Leadership — assist in the training and guidance of Junior Developers
- High Level Programming — personally work on some of our most difficult technical tasks
- Web Marketing — support the marketing department with creative solutions
- Data Analysis — use Google Analytics to make data-driven decisions, optimize content
- Conversion Rate Optimization — create an unmatched user experience
- Design for SEO — support our search engine optimization efforts with SEO-friendly code
- Develop and maintain web applications built on PHP and MySQL
- Create application design specifications based on business requirements
- Develop logical and physical application and database designs
- Write application document specifications at the system and operational level
- Maintain application security, integrity and availability
- Develop and maintain unit level application testing scripts
- Develop application deployment packages, scripts and step by step implementation instructions
- Provide technical support related to the systems developed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Minimum 2 years of PHP development experience
- Intermediate English communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong experience with MySQL programming and a good understanding of relational databases MySQL, Transact-SQL
- Demonstrated web development experience using PHP
- Advanced experience with Apache, MySql, REST Web services using PHP and WordPress
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, HTML5, CSS
- Hands on development experience on supporting corporate websites
- Experience with Linux Server Administration
To apply send your resume to email@example.com.
Design & Sell Vacations For Costa Rica’s Largest Online Travel Agency
Why Work With Us?
Here at Namu Travel, we don’t just plan vacations—we create unique, seamless, travel experiences that leave a lasting impression on even the most seasoned traveler. An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit is what brought us from a two-person startup in 1999, to being currently the largest local agency in Central America.
We believe that a country is best experienced with the help of a local friend to advise, plan and enhance our guests’ time in the country. Our Travel Consultants engage our customers through warm consultative techniques to find out what matters most to them while on vacation. We seek candidates who have a passion for wanderlust, enjoy consultative sales, and strive for personal and professional greatness.
Our team of Travel Consultants travels every corner of this beautiful country to ensure we have the most accurate information about every tour and hotel we offer our clients. We provide qualified leads that we attract via our promotional efforts. As a consultant, it is your job to identify the client’s needs and use your first-hand knowledge to design a unique package that exceeds their expectations.
By leveraging mobile technology it’s possible to be available ‘round the clock to ensure our clients are met with excellent travel advice and assistance in planning their much-deserved tropical getaway.
Your career at Namu begins with a 90-day intensive training period. We want your full attention and enthusiasm during training, so you will receive a monthly stipend to make sure your basic needs are met. Most trainees begin selling before the training period ends.
After the 90 day training period, the stipend is removed and your compensation is 100% commission based. But Fear Not—Serious Work Comes with Serious Reward! Average consultants earn commissions and bonuses equating to $36,000 annually. Top producing consultants earn $45,000 or more.
- Frequent travel to luxury hotels throughout Costa Rica
- After completing the first year of your contract you are eligible to work 100% from anywhere in the world* with a flexible schedule (high speed internet required)
- Challenging Career Opportunities: all our Sales Management Team (and 2 owners!) started in Sales
- A work climate characterized by respect for the individual and celebration of differences
- An empowering and engaging work environment surrounded by the best Travel Professionals in the business
- Have phenomenal communication skills. Native English is a requirement
- Reside full-time in Costa Rica*
- Be in San José for 90 days. The 90-day expert training is held in our San José offices
- Be hungry for knowledge. Attend trips to hotels countrywide to ensure the most current product knowledge
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a creative problem-solver who loves a challenge
- Is highly disciplined and self-motivated
- Thrives in a goal-based atmosphere
- Is insightful and Innovative
- Is honest, trustworthy and professional
- Seeks Financial Freedom
- Exudes confidence
- Is a life-long learner who seeks personal and professioal development
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school degree
- Proficient in basic computer skills (typing, MS office, Internet browsing)
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in consultative sales, solution-sales or customer service
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- A university degree
If you are interested in a position with our sales team please submit your resume with a professional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, this is a sales position and you are encouraged to ‘sell’ your talents as they pertain to the job description.
The cover letter is MANDATORY and should answer these three questions:
- What motivates you to be part of our team?
- What 3 skills or traits do you feel will most contribute to your success as a Travel Consultant?
- Why should we hire you?—Sell me.
Sales Staff Testimonials:
I could go on and on.. I think the most important thing to me is that my job allows me to travel around such an awesome country, and share my love for Costa Rica with other people. Another thing that I love are my co-workers.
I love having the opportunity to travel the country, stay in awesome hotels, do really fun excursions, try great food, work from home, set my own schedule, make great money, fun company events.
Flexibility, earning potential, and perks (travel, free hotel stays),and of course my co-workers. I also like the fact that as long as I do my job and do it well, managers let me work very independently. I feel proud to work for a quality company.
I like the satisfaction of coming up with the right itinerary for a client, communicating with them and getting the sale. I enjoy traveling, doing new things and doing quality control to make sure that we are offering the best hotels for the client.
I love the ability to control my income by making sales and working from home. I love working with the clients and hearing how the loved their vacation. Also of being able to help people get to CR and feel comfortable about what they are doing. Educating people on the amazing places in this country.
*Travel consultants must work in Costa Rica for the first year of employment after which they may be eligible to work from outside the country depending on performance.