Careers at Costa Rican Vacations
Costa Rican Vacations is part of the Namu Travel Group. We are Central America’s largest online travel agency and have been in business since 1999. If you want to become part of a dynamic company with growth opportunities and a fun, relaxed environment, apply to become part of our team. We are passionate about serving customers and creating unforgettable experiences. We achieve this by hiring great people who view this career as more than just another Costa Rica job.
Current Job Openings:
Financial and Treasury Analyst
The Financial and Treasury Analyst is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, financial planning and cash flow administration. As a Financial Analyst this position is responsible for financial planning and budgeting of the company, analysis, management reporting and support for business decisions. In addition, the analyst must establish financial controls, identify and analyze risks and make proposals. As a Treasury Analyst the individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining security controls, best practices and procedures to ensure accuracy and safety in the cash flow administration. This position addresses tight deadlines including budget preparation, financial reporting and forecast activities. This position will have contact with Bank Executives, the company’s Executive Director and Managers, and Finance Manager requiring strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Collaborate with other Finance Department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
- Respond to inquiries from the Finance Manager, and other finance and company-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like
- Meet accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Manage the Business Intelligence database (Lumira) to ensure the accuracy and availability of financial information
- Control and recording of client payments, refunds and returns
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting budget reports, and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Assist the Finance Manager in the daily banking requirements
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions
- Prepare and control Cash Flow, investments and debits
- Prepare bank account reconciliations
- Manage the different payment platforms of each bank
- Manage the users and passwords for each one of the active bank accounts
- Prepare and execute the Payments Queue; save the receipts in each company-specific folder
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a plus
- Five year prior experience in financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Office and SAP Business One
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Fluent English and Spanish
If you are passionate about Costa Rica (this is more than just a job), have advanced English spoken and written skills, and are looking for a successful career, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel Experience Logistics Representative
The Travel Experience Logistics Representative is responsible for developing, implementing and ensuring adherence to Reservations & Operations Processes set forth by the Namu Travel Group. Manage and oversee the logistics and quality of the product throughout the process and develop plans to increase efficiency. The position will monitor data within the Namu Travel Group Systems following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within the logistics process. The representative is responsible for supporting the activities of the Travel Experience Department in day-to-day activities, duties and issues with customers and suppliers.
- Manage the TE Logistic Processes of the product from receiving a new sale to the delivery of the product
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure the itinerary complies with Policies and SOPs and is accurate
- Run and send reports to aid management in increasing TE Logistics goals and daily workload
- Work together with the quality team to achieve the objectives, goals and KPIs
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the other departments, provide assistance / back-up when requested
- Establish plans to increase the quality of the product from beginning to end of the service lifecycle
- Assist in departmental projects
- Issue reporting
- Training in TE Logisics and TE Concierge processes
- High School degree
- Technical degree in Tourism, Client Services or English preferred (but not necessary)
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Advanced written and spoken Spanish
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient in issue management
- Team player
- Strong communication skills (phone & email)
- Creative and proactive
- Basic knowledge of Costa Rica tourism
What do we offer?
- Inspiring environment: Our team is made up of passionate people that bust down barriers to get results that exceed expectations.
- Seriously casual atmosphere: A fun family and casual environment (so the suit is not necessary) where we work hard and play hard.
- Competitive salary and compensation package: We reward great performance; we offer a competitive salary as well as lots of parties and fun throughout the year.
- The opportunity to become a hotel snob: We need you to know luxury hotels and partners so we will send you there as a guest!
- Career Opportunities: We are interested in your personal and professional success. We want to see you grow with us!
If you are passionate about Costa Rica (this is more than just a job), have advanced English spoken and written skills, and are looking for a successful career, please send your resume to email@example.com
Namu Team’s Testimonials:
“The environment is enjoyable; you get the opportunity to visit places that otherwise you wouldn’t even dream of. If you consistently perform, you are rewarded. You have the opportunity make people’s travel dreams come true.”
“The positive attitude of my co-workers inspires me to come to the office everyday”
“The office is nice, fresh, with amenities for employees and it also offers a small and comfortable environment where everyone can contribute. Having the opportunity to know beautiful places in Costa Rica is definitely a plus”
Design & Sell Vacations For Costa Rica’s Largest Online Travel Agency
Why Work With Us?
Here at Namu Travel, we don’t just plan vacations—we create unique, seamless, travel experiences that leave a lasting impression on even the most seasoned traveler. An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit is what brought us from a two-person startup in 1999, to being currently the largest local agency in Central America.
We believe that a country is best experienced with the help of a local friend to advise, plan and enhance our guests’ time in the country. Our Travel Consultants engage our customers through warm consultative techniques to find out what matters most to them while on vacation. We seek candidates who have a passion for wanderlust, enjoy consultative sales, and strive for personal and professional greatness.
Our team of Travel Consultants travels every corner of this beautiful country to ensure we have the most accurate information about every tour and hotel we offer our clients. We provide qualified leads that we attract via our promotional efforts. As a consultant, it is your job to identify the client’s needs and use your first-hand knowledge to design a unique package that exceeds their expectations.
By leveraging mobile technology it’s possible to be available ‘round the clock to ensure our clients are met with excellent travel advice and assistance in planning their much-deserved tropical getaway.
Your career at Namu begins with a 90-day intensive training period. We want your full attention and enthusiasm during training, so you will receive a monthly stipend to make sure your basic needs are met. Most trainees begin selling before the training period ends.
After the 90 day training period, the stipend is removed and your compensation is 100% commission based. But Fear Not—Serious Work Comes with Serious Reward! Average consultants earn commissions and bonuses equating to $36,000 annually. Top producing consultants earn $45,000 or more.
- Frequent travel to luxury hotels throughout Costa Rica
- After completing the first year of your contract you are eligible to work 100% from anywhere in the world* with a flexible schedule (high speed internet required)
- Challenging Career Opportunities: all our Sales Management Team (and 2 owners!) started in Sales
- A work climate characterized by respect for the individual and celebration of differences
- An empowering and engaging work environment surrounded by the best Travel Professionals in the business
- Have phenomenal communication skills. Native English is a requirement
- Reside full-time in Costa Rica*
- Be in San Jose for 90 days. The 90-day expert training is held in our San Jose offices
- Be hungry for knowledge. Attend trips to hotels countrywide to ensure the most current product knowledge
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a creative problem-solver who loves a challenge
- Is highly disciplined and self-motivated
- Thrives in a goal-based atmosphere
- Is insightful and Innovative
- Is honest, trustworthy and professional
- Seeks Financial Freedom
- Exudes confidence
- Is a life-long learner who seeks personal and professional development
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school degree
- Proficient in basic computer skills (typing, MS office, Internet browsing)
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in consultative sales, solution-sales or customer service
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- A university degree
If you are interested in a position with our sales team please submit your resume with a professional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, this is a sales position and you are encouraged to ‘sell’ your talents as they pertain to the job description.
The cover letter is MANDATORY and should answer these three questions:
- What motivates you to be part of our team?
- What 3 skills or traits do you feel will most contribute to your success as a Travel Consultant?
- Why should we hire you?—Sell me.
Sales Staff Testimonials:
I could go on and on.. I think the most important thing to me is that my job allows me to travel around such an awesome country, and share my love for Costa Rica with other people. Another thing that I love are my co-workers.
I love having the opportunity to travel the country, stay in awesome hotels, do really fun excursions, try great food, work from home, set my own schedule, make great money, fun company events.
Flexibility, earning potential, and perks (travel, free hotel stays),and of course my co-workers. I also like the fact that as long as I do my job and do it well, managers let me work very independently. I feel proud to work for a quality company.
I like the satisfaction of coming up with the right itinerary for a client, communicating with them and getting the sale. I enjoy traveling, doing new things and doing quality control to make sure that we are offering the best hotels for the client.
I love the ability to control my income by making sales and working from home. I love working with the clients and hearing how the loved their vacation. Also of being able to help people get to CR and feel comfortable about what they are doing. Educating people on the amazing places in this country.
*Travel consultants must work in Costa Rica for the first year of employment after which they may be eligible to work from outside the country depending on performance.