Careers at Costa Rican Vacations
Costa Rican Vacations is part of the Namu Travel Group. We are Central America’s largest online travel agency and have been in business since 1999. If you want to become part of a dynamic company with growth opportunities and a fun, relaxed environment, apply to become part of our team. We are passionate about serving customers and creating unforgettable experiences. We achieve this by hiring great people who view this career as more than just another Costa Rica job.
Current Job Openings:
Regional Business Development Lead
As a travel agency, we work closely with a select group of hand-picked hotels, tours and transportation providers in the three destinations where we operate.
In this role, you will be part of a team who manages the crucial relationships between our organization and these providers. You will interact with leaders in our Sales and Marketing Departments in order to seek out new providers, negotiate rates and commissions with existing providers and maintain a healthy working relationship between our organizations.
This position is ideal for self-motivated people who enjoy communicating, negotiating, creative thinking and have a passion for building relationships.
The major responsibilities are below, although not limited to:
- Provider Negotiations
- Seeking New Providers
- Provider Relationship Management
- Analysis of Reports & Statistics
- Business Travel Throughout Costa Rica, Panama and Nicaragua
- Support The Product Needs of Sales & Marketing Departments
This role is eligible for an annual performance bonus. You will travel frequently throughout Costa Rica, visiting luxury hotels and testing new tours and activities. You will be covered by a Regional Medical Insurance. There will also be opportunities for business travel to Nicaragua and Panama. We are interested in our employee’s personal and professional success, therefore you will have training opportunities. We are also considering further expansion in Latin America.
Ideal Candidates Possess
- Emotional Intelligence—enjoy human interaction, problem-solving
- Communication—high level of written and oral communication skill in English and Spanish
- Business Acumen—understand business logic, “win-win” thinking
- Negotiation—able to leverage three previous points to persuade
- Data Analysis—can analyze and make data-driven decisions
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Tourism or Engineering
- C1 (100%) English and Spanish level
- 1 year experience in business relationship management
- 2 years experience in issue management and communication
- Experience managing or participation on medium size project or tasks
- Advanced knowledge of Costa Rica Tourism Industry, areas, key players
- Outspoken, extrovert and a very good communicator
The environment is enjoyable; you get the opportunity to visit places that otherwise you wouldn’t even dream of. If you consistently perform, you are rewarded. You have the opportunity make people’s travel dreams come true.
The positive attitude of my coworkers inspires me to come to the office everyday
The office is nice, fresh, with amenities for employees and it also offers a small and comfortable environment where everyone can contribute. Having the opportunity to know beautiful places in Costa Rica is definitely a plus.
Design & Sell Vacations For Costa Rica’s Largest Online Travel Agency
Why Work With Us?
Career Options, Stability, Travel Perks & Industry Leading Compensation.
We began as a two person start-up in 1999. Today we’re proud to be the largest agency in Central America. We are looking for quality individuals who share our values and want to be part of a growing organization with lofty goals. See testimonials from current sales reps below.
The Namu Travel Group is looking to contract Travel Consultants to design and sell customized, luxury vacations to Costa Rica. We seek candidates who are passionate about Costa Rica tourism, enjoy communicating with clients and are fanatical about delivering outstanding customer service. We assign you qualified leads that we attract via our promotional efforts. It is your job to understand the client’s needs, design a personalized vacation and communicate with them until purchase.
Compensation is 100% commission based…But Fear Not! We offer a 60 day training period, during which trainees receive a monthly stipend while they learn the ropes. Most trainees begin selling before the training period ends. Average consultants earn commissions and bonuses equating to $36,000 annually. Top producing consultants earn $45,000 or more.
- Frequent travel to luxury hotels throughout Costa Rica
- Work 100% from home with a flexible schedule
- Opportunities to grow: all our Sales Management (and 2 owners!) started in Sales
- Fun, frequent company events
- A nice group of quality co-workers
- Be 100% fluent in both written and spoken English
- Reside full-time in Costa Rica
- Be available for 60 days of training in the San Jose area
- Be willing and able to take weekend trips to visit hotels throughout the country
The Ideal Candidate Is:
- A risk-taker who is unafraid of a challenge
- Is highly disciplined and internally motivated
- Hard working and goal-oriented
- A team player with an unsinkable spirit
- Honest, trustworthy and professional
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A high school degree
- Proficient with basic computer skills (typing, MS office, Internet browsing)
- Strong communication skills
- A university degree preferred
- Previous experience in sales, customer service or tourism preferred
If you are interested in a position with our sales team please submit your resume with a professional cover letter email@example.com . The cover letter is MANDATORY and should answer these three questions:
- Why do you believe your a qualified for this role?
- Why you are interested in working for our organization?
- What do you love about Costa Rica travel?
Sales Staff Testimonials:
I could go on and on.. I think the most important thing to me is that my job allows me to travel around such an awesome country, and share my love for Costa Rica with other people. Another thing that I love are my co-workers.
I love having the opportunity to travel the country, stay in awesome hotels, do really fun excursions, try great food, work from home, set my own schedule, make great money, fun company events.
Flexibility, earning potential, and perks (travel, free hotel stays),and of course my co-workers. I also like the fact that as long as I do my job and do it well, managers let me work very independently. I feel proud to work for a quality company.
I like the satisfaction of coming up with the right itinerary for a client, communicating with them and getting the sale. I enjoy traveling, doing new things and doing quality control to make sure that we are offering the best hotels for the client.
I love the ability to control my income by making sales and working from home. I love working with the clients and hearing how the loved their vacation. Also of being able to help people get to CR and feel comfortable about what they are doing. Educating people on the amazing places in this country.