Careers at Costa Rican Vacations
Costa Rican Vacations is part of the Namu Travel Group. We are Central America’s largest online travel agency and have been in business since 1999. If you want to become part of a dynamic company with growth opportunities and a fun, relaxed environment, apply to become part of our team. We are passionate about serving customers and creating unforgettable experiences. We achieve this by hiring great people who view this career as more than just another Costa Rica job.
Current Job Openings:
Senior Online Content Editor
The position reports directly to the Marketing Manager and is responsible for ensuring that all content (text, image, and video) on web assets is up to date and meets the high standards and style guides set by the Namu Travel Group. In addition it will be the individual’s responsibility to coordinate with IT, SEO and other business groups to optimize all content in line with company goals including but not limited to site visits, page engagement, conversions and sales.
- Regularly check the site to find and resolve content gaps and errors
- Plan and schedule content production and actualization of existing information
- Edit and publish content on websites, social media profiles, outbound marketing pieces and other templates
- Ensure that keywords and other elements required for SEO are strategically and tactically aligned
- Produce and maintain the website style guide
- Work with IT team to ensure company aesthetic is met and maintained
- Strong copywriting and editorial skills
- Advanced English Level (Native or C1 Level)
- Costa Rican permanent resident
- Minimum 1 year recent experience in a similar position
- Intermediate understanding of best SEO, Social Media and Email Marketing practices, CMS and web based technologies
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field (desirable)
If you are passionate about Costa Rica and are looking for a successful career, please send your resume with a professional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior .Net Developer
The Senior .Net Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining web and client server applications, as well as the improvement and maintenance of all Windows based systems. The position reports directly to the .Net Lead and is involved in high level conceptual and hands-on development work that is critical to the success of the business.
- Develop and maintain web and client server apps built on Microsoft environments & OS
- Create application design specifications based on business requirements
- Develop conceptual and physical architecture system diagrams
- Develop logical and physical application and database designs
- Write application document specifications at the system and operational level
- Maintain application security, integrity and availability
- Develop and maintain unit level application testing scripts
- Develop application deployment packages, scripts and implementation instructions
- Provide technical support related to the systems developed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent field of study
- Minimum 5 years of .NET development experience
- Intermediate English and Spanish communication skills (oral and written)
- Full-time demonstrated .Net development experience using VB.Net and C#
- Advanced experience using function within the .Net 3.0 and above framework
- Advanced knowledge of ASP.NET, Web Forms, CSS, WebApi, MVC.Net, WCF
- Strong experience with SQL programming, WFC and WebApi
- Intermediate knowledge of design patterns, data structures, tiered architecture and SOA
- Experience applying Microsoft best practices, design patterns and preferred coding standards
- Previous experience working with SCRUM Methodology
- Understanding of relational databases SQL Server 2008,2012, Transact-SQL
- Experience with AWS (desirable)
If you meet the requirements for this position please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Financial and Treasury Analyst
The Financial and Treasury Analyst is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, financial planning and cash flow administration. As a Financial Analyst this position is responsible for financial planning and budgeting of the company, analysis, management reporting and support for business decisions. In addition, the analyst must establish financial controls, identify and analyze risks and make proposals. As a Treasury Analyst the individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining security controls, best practices and procedures to ensure accuracy and safety in the cash flow administration. This position addresses tight deadlines including budget preparation, financial reporting and forecast activities. This position will have contact with Bank Executives, the company’s Executive Director and Managers, and Finance Manager requiring strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Collaborate with other Finance Department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
- Respond to inquiries from the Finance Manager, and other finance and company-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like
- Meet accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Manage the Business Intelligence database (Lumira) to ensure the accuracy and availability of financial information
- Control and recording of client payments, refunds and returns
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting budget reports, and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Assist the Finance Manager in the daily banking requirements
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions
- Prepare and control Cash Flow, investments and debits
- Prepare bank account reconciliations
- Manage the different payment platforms of each bank
- Manage the users and passwords for each one of the active bank accounts
- Prepare and execute the Payments Queue; save the receipts in each company-specific folder
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a plus
- Five year prior experience in financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Office and SAP Business One
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Fluent English and Spanish
If you are passionate about Costa Rica (this is more than just a job), have advanced English spoken and written skills, and are looking for a successful career, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel Experience Logistics Representative
The Travel Experience Logistics Representative is responsible for developing, implementing and ensuring adherence to Reservations & Operations Processes set forth by the Namu Travel Group. Manage and oversee the logistics and quality of the product throughout the process and develop plans to increase efficiency. The position will monitor data within the Namu Travel Group Systems following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within the logistics process. The representative is responsible for supporting the activities of the Travel Experience Department in day-to-day activities, duties and issues with customers and suppliers.
- Manage the TE Logistic Processes of the product from receiving a new sale to the delivery of the product
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure the itinerary complies with Policies and SOPs and is accurate
- Run and send reports to aid management in increasing TE Logistics goals and daily workload
- Work together with the quality team to achieve the objectives, goals and KPIs
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the other departments, provide assistance / back-up when requested
- Establish plans to increase the quality of the product from beginning to end of the service lifecycle
- Assist in departmental projects
- Issue reporting
- Training in TE Logisics and TE Concierge processes
- High School degree
- Technical degree in Tourism, Client Services or English preferred (but not necessary)
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Advanced written and spoken Spanish
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient in issue management
- Team player
- Strong communication skills (phone & email)
- Creative and proactive
- Basic knowledge of Costa Rica tourism
What do we offer?
- Inspiring environment: Our team is made up of passionate people that bust down barriers to get results that exceed expectations.
- Seriously casual atmosphere: A fun family and casual environment (so the suit is not necessary) where we work hard and play hard.
- Competitive salary and compensation package: We reward great performance; we offer a competitive salary as well as lots of parties and fun throughout the year.
- The opportunity to become a hotel snob: We need you to know luxury hotels and partners so we will send you there as a guest!
- Career Opportunities: We are interested in your personal and professional success. We want to see you grow with us!
If you are passionate about Costa Rica (this is more than just a job), have advanced English spoken and written skills, and are looking for a successful career, please send your resume to email@example.com
Namu Team’s Testimonials:
“The environment is enjoyable; you get the opportunity to visit places that otherwise you wouldn’t even dream of. If you consistently perform, you are rewarded. You have the opportunity make people’s travel dreams come true.”
“The positive attitude of my co-workers inspires me to come to the office everyday”
“The office is nice, fresh, with amenities for employees and it also offers a small and comfortable environment where everyone can contribute. Having the opportunity to know beautiful places in Costa Rica is definitely a plus”